(Kerala style sauteed or stir fried long beans)
Hi friends, I know Payaru thoran needs no introduction to keralites,a very simple and healthy side dish usually prepared in every houses and eaten along with rice.very tasty and all time favorite thoran.long beans cooked with coconut,shallot and green chili,then seasoning with mustard.simple and tasty
In Kerala achinga payar or long bean is cultivating in most of the houses(village). my mother has her own garden,where she grows many vegetables like long bean chili,spinach,plantain,pumpkin etc.Here in Dubai most of the Kerala style vegetables are available,but I really missing amma’s garden fresh veg dishes.
here is the recipe of delicious and simple payaru thoran………
- Clean wash and chop long bean(achinga payar).
- clean wash and slice shallots length wise,slice green chili in to long pieces.
- mix chopped long bean with coconut turmeric and salt.mix well with your hands
- heat oil in a pan.add mustard seeds.
- when mustard seeds start spluttering add chopped shallot
- saute till shallot become soft,then add sliced green chili saute well
- now add the long bean and coconut mix,stir well.sprinkle little water(if needed),stir well.keep everything to the the center.
- cover with a lid. stir in between.cook well till it is dry.open the lid and saute few more minutes to evaporate excess water.
- switch off the stove.
- serve with rice
Leave a Reply