- clean macrel with salt and water.cut each in to two pieces .cut onion in to thin slices.cut tomato in to medium pieces.cut ginger and garlic(julienne).slice chillie lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a pan add curry leaves and sliced chilly,saute well for few minutes.then add ginger and garlic saute well until it turns to brown.
- add thinly sliced onion fry till it turns to transparent.add chopped tomatoes saute well till puree comes out.then add turmeric and chilly powder saute well till oil comes up(law flame)
- then add 1/4 cup of water and salt.mix well.let it boil.once the masala start boiling remove 1/2 of the masala from pan and evenly spread the rest.
- place macrel on top of the masala.spread scoop out masala on top of macrel.cover with a lid . cook in a law flame for 15 minutes turn over the fish in between
- once the fish cooked well remove from fire and serve hot with chapati
Leave a Reply