Carrot Mezhukkupurati (Kerala style Sauteed Carrot) is a healthy and simple Kerala style veg preparation.Goes well with steamed rice.Chopped carrot cooked with shallots and green chili.A perfect and healthy vegetarian side dish.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 3 nos carrot
- 3 - 4 nos green chili
- 1 1/2 tbsps shallot chopped
- a few curry leaves
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- coconut oil
- wash carrots,peel the outer skin and finely chop and keep aside.
- heat coconut oil in a deep pan or kadaayi,add mustard seeds and let it splutter.then add curry leaves, chopped shallot and green chili,saute untill shallot become soft.
- then add chopped carrot,turmeric powder and salt.saute well for few seconds.Then sprinkle little water and close the pan with a lid.cook for 10-15 minutes in medium-low flame.cook until carrot become soft.
- then remove the lid and stir the carrot for few more minutes.switch off the stove.
- serve hot with steamed rice.
The take it easy chef says
I love this! Simple, yet tasty…and healthy too!
Sujitha Nair says
thank you The take it easy chef