(sauteed Elephant foot yam)
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 350 g chena (elephant foot yam)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 pinchs turmeric
- 8 nos shallot
- 3 nos garlic cloves
- 3 nos red chili
- coconut oil
- curry leaves
- clean and cut chena/yam in to small cube size pieces.wash well and keep aside.
- in a cooking vessel add chena/yam,salt ,chili powder and turmeric powder.add sufficient amount of water to cook chena.
- cook chena well(do not over cook).switch off the stove and keep this aside.
- heat oil in a pan splutter mustard seeds.then add curry leaves.saute well.then add chopped shallots and crushed garlic.saute till shallot become brown.then add chili pieces and fry it.
- then add cooked chena in to this and mix well
- cook for 1 more minute
- serve with rice
Leave a Reply