|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 6 king fish piece
- 1 nos onion
- 1 ginger small piece
- 6 cloves garlic
- 6 nos green chili
- 1 nos tomato
- carrot carrot 1/2of a
- potato potato 1/2 of a
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 3/4 cup coconut milk fresh thick
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- salt as needed
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- as required coconut oil
- clean fish with lemon ,salt and water.keep aside
- peel wash and thinly slice onion,cut garlic and ginger in to julienne pieces.
- cut tomato in to long thick pieces.slice green chilly in to length wise.
- peel, wash and and slice carrot in to medium thick round pieces.cut potato in to small cubes.
- heat oil in a fish curry pot.add carrot and potato .add 2 pinch of salt.fry till the outer side become brown.remove from oil and keep in a paper towel
- in the same oil add onion and curry leaves .saute till onion become transparent.then add chopped ginger ,garlic and chilies ;saute well till onion , ginger and garlic starts to turn light brown.
- then add turmeric and pepper powder saute well then add second milk.let it boil.stir in between.then add fish pieces and salt.cook well.swirl the pot in between,once the fish cooked add roasted vegetable and fresh thick coconut milk.swirl the pot.
- switch of the stove just before boiling.add lemon juice and coconut oil .mix well .do not use spoon for mixing just swirl the pot,garnish with tomato and green chillie.
- serve with appam
Sujitha Nair says