Hi friends hope you are all doing good, today I am here with the recipe of a delicious Kerala street food delicacy called Thattukada style Chicken FRY//Kozhi Porichathu.A spicy and hot delicacy from Kerala street food.Chicken Marinated in spicy chili Masala then deep fried using coconut oil with green chili and curry leaves.
Thattu kada is very popular in Kerala .They are the road side eatery shops which is active from dusk to dawn.Its a part of Kerala’s night life. Thattukada’s are usually covered carts or stalls on road side which sells delicious dishes such as chicken fry,dosa.beef curry,puttu, omelet etc.
So here is the recipe of super tasty Thattukada style Chicken FRY.try it and let me know how it turns out for you.
click here for the vedio recipe of Thattukada style Chicken FRY//Kozhi Porichathu
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 850 g chicken with bone cut in to medium pieces,
- 5 Kashmeeri red Chili whole soaked in hot water for 1 1/2 hour
- 5 red chili whole soaked in hot water for 1 1/2 hour
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 medium piece ginger
- 1 tbsp Kashmeeri chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Rice powder
- 5-6 green chili slited
- 2 sprig curry leaves
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- salt as needed
- oil as needed
- Clean and wash chicken well then drain water completely,Add in to a large bowl and keep aside
- In a mixer add soaked red chili,turmeric powder,ginger and garlic, Then add vinegar and grind well in to a smooth paste.if vinegar is not sufficient to grind the chili add 2 tbsp water and grind well.Make a thick smooth paste.
- add this in to the chicken pieces and rub well with your hands.add salt and rice powder and mix well.then add curry leaves and green chili.mix well and keep aside for 30 minutes
- after 30 minutes heat coconut oil in deep bottom vessel or kadai over medium heat
- Once the oil become hot add the chicken pieces and fry until golden brown.Do not overcrowd the oil fry the chicken batch by batch.
- serve hot with your favorite accompaniment