Chicken curry with coconut milk
A delicious and easy to make chicken curry with coconut milk.This Chicken curry with coconut milk is mild spicy and flavorful and its perfect for cold winter days.enjoy it with appam or Kerala parotta
who can say no to a good curry,A bowl of rice and a spicy flavorful curry is something i really really like to have on winter days.This simple chicken curry is a family favorite. Chicken cooked with spices and coconut milk.Perfectly goes with appam or rice or Kerala Parotta.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 kg chicken
- 2 nos onion
- 2 nos green chili
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic crushed
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 1/4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cinnamon small piece
- 3 nos cloves
- 2 nos cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper corns
- coconut oil
- clean and cut chicken in to medium pieces.wash well.drain water,keep aside
- dry roast cinnamon,pepper ,cloves and cardamom.then transfer to a mixer .grind well and make a fine powder.then add all masalas in to the same pan ;dry roast until pleasant smell comes.
- transfer this dry roast masala powder in to the same mixer ,add 3 teaspoon water grind well along with spices powder.make a smooth paste.
- add salt and grounded paste to chicken pieces mix well.cover with a tight lid.keep in refregerator for 30 minutes
- heat oil in a pan add curry leaves ,saute well. then add thinly sliced onion.saute till onion become light golden.then add ginger and garlic ,saute till raw smell goes.then add marinated chicken pieces.saute well for 10 minutes.
- then add thin coconut milk,and green chili.
- cover with a lid and cook in a low medium flame for 15 minutes
- once chicken cooked well, add fennel powder and fist coconut milk.cook for few minutes; when it starts boilingremove from fire.add 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice in to it mix well.
- heat i teaspoon oil in a pan add mustard seeds.when it starts splutterind add curry leaves.fry well and pour this in to the curry, serve hot with chapati or appam
Masala fried chicken
kilikoodu/bird’s nest is a special Malabar snack.It is a multi layered snack similar to scotch egg.hard boiled quail egg wrapped in a mild spicy chicken and potato mix.the layer of milk and egg gives a unique taste while the broken vermicelli coating make it super crunchy….
popular Kozhikodan special snack
Nadan chicken curry
Easy chicken roast
Trivandrum style chicken fry.recipe adapted from Madhyamam Ruchi.
Malabar special chicken fry
This is festive season and no festival is complete with out good food.So today’s recipe is a delicious Kozhikodan biriyani.This is not a new post I am updating My old post “Kozhikodan Biriyani”…