Hi every one hope you are all doing good. To day I am here with a delicious and perfect crab roast recipe called Nadan Crab Roast or Nchandu Ularthiyathu.Kerala is well known for seafood delicacies and crab is one of the most favorite among all sea foods.This is an easy to make and delicious crab recipe.Crab cooked with spicy masala and coconut milk.perfectly go with tapioca or rice.
Nadan Crab Roast or Nchandu Ularthiyathu or crab masala roast or nchandu piralan is a very tasty and authentic dish,Crab cooked with Kerala spices and coconut milk.I always make crab little spicy because the crab meat has a natural sweetness in it .In this recipe that natural sweetness is is perfectly blended with the spicy masala. This is finger licking good and so delicious.
Crab is an all time favorite dish,Cleaning crab is not so difficult when comparing to cleaning fish except handling live crabs.I always like live fresh water crabs,they taste so good
So here is the recipe of super delicious Nadan crab roast.enjoy it with boiled tapioca or rice …
Click here for the vedio recipe:-Nadan Crab Roast or Nchandu Ularthiyathu
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 kg crab cleaned
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 3/4 tbsp kashmiri chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala optional
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 pod garlic crushed
- 1 ginger medium size piece crushed
- 3-4 cocum/kudampuli soaked in lukewarm water
- 1 cup coconut milk thick
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 sprig curry leaves
- 1 cup water
- salt as needed
- Wash crabs,Pull the top shell from the body,discard the stomach bag and grayish white and wash well.cut each crab in to two pieces,separate legs.
- heat oil in a deep bottom and wide curry pot or clay pot.add thinly sliced onion and little salt and saute until onion become light brown
- once the onion become brown add curry leaves,crushed ginger and garlic. saute in a medium flame until raw smell goes.
- then reduce the flame and add chili powder,coriander powder and turmeric powder.saute well until raw smell goes. then add 1/2 cup water to combine the masala well.then add pepper powder and Cook in a medium flame, stir continuously .
- once it boil add the cleaned crab in to it.then mix well with the masala then add 1/2 more cup water and cocum,check salt consistency add more if required.then cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes over a medium flame.stir in between
- once the crab cooked well remove the lid,reduce the flame and add thick coconut milk and garam masala. Cook until the gravy become thick and well coated on the crab.once done switch off the stove add few curry leaves mix well and enjoy with rice or boiled tapioca.