Gobi Manchurian or cauliflower Manchurian is a delicious Indo Chinese dish made with fresh and crunchy cauliflower.it is a vegetarian favorite dish usually serving with fried rice or noodles.
Deep fried cauliflower is tossed in a flavorful tomato,chili, garlic and soy based gravy then garnished with spring onion.This is a very easy to make and delicious Indo Chinese dish and a favorite of vegetarians.
I would like to give some tips before moving to the preparation method.
How to choose fresh cauliflower?
Cauliflower is a delicate vegetable so always choose a fresh, firm and tightly closed cauliflower with fresh green leaves.choose one with white color with out any blemishes and black or brown spots,too black brown or yellow spots says it is not fresh.
How to clean and prepare cauliflower?
With the help of a sharp knife remove the stem of the cauliflower,peel off the leaves from the bottom.The separate the florets one by one big or small based on your requirement.
How to wash and clean cauliflower before cooking?
cauliflower must be cleaned well before cooking because it contain lot of dirt and tiny insects,and pesticides,that needs to be removed carefully.
For cleaning cauliflower take a large pan, fill it with water and boil it,then add little salt and turmeric powder to the oiling water,then add the cauliflower in to it,boil for one or two minutes,then immediately drain the water and wash the cauliflower with ice cold water.dry with a paper towel.Now the cauliflower is ready to cook.
How to store cauliflower?
Keep cauliflower loosely wrapped with plastic. then keep it in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator.
if you want to keep it for more than one week you can keep it in the freezer.For that prepare florets and spread it in a tray then place it in to the freezer.once it become frozen transfer it in to a freezer bag,seal tightly and place it back to the freezer,make sure the freezer temperature is well maintained.
So here is the recipe of easy and simple gobi manchurian try it and enjoy with fried rice
click here for the video recipe of Gobi Manchurian
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 600 g cauliflower
- 6 tbsp plain flour
- 5 tbsp corn flour
- For making sauce:-
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3/4 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 green chili seed removed and chopped
- 3/4 tbsp spring onion white chopped
- 3/4 tbsp celery chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp kashmiri chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce dark
- 1 tablespoon red chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 3/4 tablespoon corn flour mixed in 4-5 tbsp water
- water 3/4 cup
- spring onion greens chopped 4tbsp
- 0il for deep frying
- With the help of a sharp knife remove the stem of the cauliflower,peel off the leaves from the bottom.Then separate the florets one by one big or small based on your requirement
- for cleaning cauliflower take a large pan fill it with water and boil it,then add little salt and turmeric powder to the boiling water,then add the cauliflower in to it,boil for one or two minutes,then immediately drain the water and wash the cauliflower with ice cold water.dry with a paper towel.Now the cauliflower is ready to cook
- in a medium size bowl add add corn flour,plain flour,and salt.Add water little by little and make a smooth lumps free batter
- add the cleaned florts to the batter and coat well;
- heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.oncethe oil become hot add cauliflower florets and fry them batch by batch.then transfer to a kitchen towel and keep aside
- mix 3/4 tbsp con flour in a half cup of water and keep aside
- heat oil in a non stick wok add the chopped garlic and saute well in a high flame. Then add ginger saute well then add onion.
- once onion become translucent add sliced green chili and spring onion white.then saute in a high flame add little salt,now reduce the flame and add 1 tsp chili powder(this is purely optional)mix well.
- then add chili sauce,tomato sauce and soy sauce,mix well and add one tsp sugar and mix well.if you are making a dry version now you can add the fried gobi and mix well,then garnish with spring onion greens .serve hot with fried rice or noodles).
- if you are preparing a gravy version add 3/4 cup of water into the sauce let it boil then add 3 to 4 tbsp of cornflour mixture in to it.let the sauce become thick. then add fried gobi mix well.then add chopped spring onion greens and mix well.
- switch off the stove transfer to a serving bowl.serve hot with fried rice or noodles.