A delicious and easy to make Kerala Style Chicken Fry.Chicken Marinated in spices and deep fried into golden.Perfect as an appetizer.
This is my favorite chicken fry recipe.I like eating fried chicken occasionally. Whenever I crave for a chicken fry this is my first choice,a typical Kerala style recipe.Chicken marinated in spice mix,then deep fried with green chili’s and curry leaves.The flavor is amazing.Here I didn’t use normal red chili powder because Aaadhith likes to eat less spicy food.The normal Kerala style chicken fry is very spicy If you want a spicy fry use normal chili powder instead of Kashmiri chili powder.
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 600 g fresh chicken skin removed and cut in to small or medium size pieces
- 2 1/2 tsps kashmiri chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 / 2 tsps garam masala
- 1tsp garlic paste
- 1tsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp fresh coconut grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 ml vinegar
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 2 green chilli deseeded and slitted lengthwise
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- salt as needed
- coconut oil to fry the chicken
- Wash chicken pieces and pat dry.Makes slits on each pieces.
- In a large bowl mix together chili powder,turmeric powder,garam masala,salt,rice flour,curry leaves,ginger garlic paste,grated coconut, green chili,vinegar and lemon juice. if too thick add little water and make a smooth paste.
- Marinate chicken pieces with this paste and refrigerate it for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once the chicken is ready to fry Heat oil in a deep frying pan,carefully place the chicken pieces in the oil.deep Fry until golden brown.
- once done carefully remove from oil and drain on paper towel.
- garnish with fried curry leaves and serve hot with lemon wedges and onion rings.
Use more or less chili powder based on your heat tolerance level.