Hello everyone, Hope you all having great week. Its been a while I have posted regularly ,today I would like to present you my latest dish Chicken Jalfrezi. Chicken Jalfrezi is one of the classic and most popular chicken curry.Chicken cooked with aromatic spices in a tomato based gravy then mixed with stir fried onion and bell peppers.perfect with rice or nan.
Chicken Jalfrezi cannot be addressed as a pure Indian dish.It is actually of British origin and a restaurant favorite. Highlight of this dish is that we can cook it with ease.This curry is one of the favorite dishes of me and my husband ratheesh as well.
The ingredient list may seems little long, but its very easy to prepare and all of the ingredients are easily available.Preparation is very easy marinated chicken cooked with spices then mixed with stir fried onion and bell peppers,this is the highlight of this curry.I like the crunchiness of onion and bell peppers that’s why I didn’t cook it with chicken.I never enjoyed over cooked bell peppers.so here is the recipe of delicious finger licking chicken jalfrezi try it and let me know how it turns out for you.
- 1 kg chicken skin removed and cut in to small pieces
- 2 onion thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes finely chopped
- 3 green chili sliced
- 3 cloves garlic sliced julienne
- 1 medium piece ginger sliced julienne
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2tbsp oil
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp oil
- little salt
for the chicken
for the jalfrezi
- Heat oil in a large wok or pan set over a medium heat until hot,add the green chili, ginger and garlic,saute for a minute,then add the finely sliced onions,saute well until onion become light brown.
- add the tomatoes and saute well until oil separates.Then reduce the flame and add chili powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and cumin powder, stir well.
- Then add the chicken pieces and stir well in a high flame for one minute then add salt,mix well and cover with a lid(if necessary add 1/4 cup water).cook in low flame for 25 minutes,stir in between.once chicken cooked well switch of the stove.add garam masala and stir well.cover with the lid and keep aside.
- Clean and cut onion and capsicum in to medium size cubes then heat oil in a pan or wok,then add the cumin seeds, saute well until fragrant,then add the chopped bell peppers and onion,add little salt. then saute in high flame for 3-5 minutes,
- add this to the cooked chicken,stir well,check salt consistency,add more if needed.cover with a lid and keep aside for 3 minutes.serve hot with rice or nan