Chemmeen Muringaka Curry With Mango or Kerala coconut prawn curry with Mango is quick and easy to make Kerala prawn curry with ground coconut.This delicious curry is very popular and goes perfect with rice.
Kerala cuisine is incomplete with out delicious sea food dishes,fish is an inevitable item in every day Kerala meal.Fish curry or a small piece of fish fry is a must for lunch and dinner.Majority of the Malayali’s are seafood lovers.
You can see different variety of preparaton in different regions of Kerala.But the main ingredients are always coconut and coconut milk.The curry is usually spicy and sour.Tamarind is a must in all fish curries.
we make meen peera with small variety of fish and coconut that is so delicious.The spicy and sour Kottayam fish curry is another most demanding and popular fish curry that is making with out coconut.In the Malabar region Varutharacha meen curry is very popular and that is another mouth watering delicacy.There is a lot of variety fish curry,s, fries and fish pickles in Kerala.
This Chemmeen Muringaka curry with mango is a favorite curry of my family.its so easy to make and taste so delicious.SO here is the recipe try it and enjoy the curry with a bowl of piping hot rice.
Click here for the video recipe:-Chemmeen Muringaka Curry
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 500 gram Prawns cleaned,deveined
- 1/2 of a mango sliced lengthwise
- 2 drumsticks peeled and cut in to long pieces
- 1 tomato sliced in to thick long pieces
- 2 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 5 green chili sliced lengthwise
- 1 small piece ginger Cut in to long pieces
- 10 shallot sliced lengthwise
- 2 sprig curry leaves
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 cup water
- salt as needed
- coconut oil as needed
- 2-3 red chili whole
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 4-5 shallot peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- coconut oil as needed
For the curry
- Add grated coconut in to a blender ,add little water and grind along with shallots to a fine smooth paste,Then keep it aside
- Heat oil in a clay pot once the oil become hot add curry leaves, then saute for a minute.Then add sliced shallots, green chili and ginger in to the pot.Saute well until raw smell goes and onion become translucent.
- Then add sliced tomato in to it and saute for a minute,Then reduce the flame and add turmeric powder and chili powder. saute till raw smell goes.
- Then add sliced drumsticks and ground coconut along with two cups of water.stir well and add salt.then cook over medium flame until drumsticks cooked well.stir in between.once drumstick cooked add tamarind pulp stir and boil the curry.
- Then add prawns and mango.mix well with curry and cook 10 minutes over medium flame.stir in between.once the prawns cooked well switch off the stove.check salt add more if needed
- Heat coconut oil in another pan once oil become hot add mustard seed.once the mustard seeds splutter add shallots curry leaves and red chili.fry well then add this to the curry.mix well and immediately cover with a lid
- enjoy with hot rice.