Hi friends hope you are all doing good today I am here with the recipe of Kerala style Kadumanga Achar/Instant Mango Pickle.Its a very popular and easy to make everyday pickle.
Kadumanga achar or Kadukumanga achar is a very popular kerala style instant mango pickle making with sour mangoes.There are many varietys of mango pickle in Kerala and this is the most common and easy to make pickle.This pickle is usually making in small batches and using with in two or three weeks.
In this pickle we are not using any preservatives or vinegar.So this this will not last for many days like other pickles,so always make small batches and finish with in two or three weeks .This is actually a beginner recipe any one can make this with in ten minutes.
We usually store all our pickles in old ceramic pots called “cheena bharani”.you can keep your pickle in any air tight glass jars,If you are using little oil I strongly recommend you to keep the pickle in refrigerator so that it will last for many days.
This kadumanga pickle goes pretty well with rice and veg curry or you can enjoy with kanji(kongee) and pappadam.So here is the recipe try it and let me know how it turns out for you.
Click Here for Vedio Recipe:-Instant Kadumango Pickle
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 550 g Mangoes with skin finely chopped(2 1/2 cups)
- 1 pod garlic around 16 cloves sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Kashmeeri chili powder
- 1 tbsp Normal chili powder
- 100 ml Sesame oil/Mustard oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 sprig curry leaves
- 1 Whole red chili sliced
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek powder
- 1/4 tsp Asofoetida powder
- salt as needed
- Heat oil in a In a thick bottom vessel over medium flame,once the oil become hot add mustard seeds.when it starts to splutter add curry leaves saute well .
- Then add sliced garlic in to it and saute for a while.then add sliced red chili and saute.
- Then reduce the flame in to very low or switch of the stove if you are using a high flame burner.Then add turmeric powder and chili powder in to it.saute well until raw smell goes.
- Then add chopped mangoes in to it.mix well with the spices.Add sufficient salt and mix well.Then switch on the stove and cook for one minute over low flame.stir well.
- Then add fenugreek powder and asafoetida/hing powder,mix well and keep aside.Let it cool completely.once cooled check salt consistency add if needed.
- Then transfer to air tight jars and keep in a refrigerator. You can have it with rice or porridge.
You can adjust the amount of chili as per your preference.
its not compulsory that you have to use mangoes with skin,give a bite if the skin tastes bitter just avoid it.
if you want you can use less amount of oil.but keep the pickle in refrigerator
If you are using store bought asafoetida powder or fenugreek powder use it in the beginning(while sauteing chili and turmeric powder)