Kozhi Ada is another Malabar special crispy delight.This traditional Malabar Moplah snack is a savory crisp pockets filled with chicken/meat.this super crunchy folded pockets are similar to samosas,but the filling and shape is different.the traditional kozhiada’s are really small.
I made this kozi Ada with beef filling.You can make it with chicken or mutton,or if you want you can make this with sweet filling too.this is one of the famous Malabar snacks and its an unavoidable item in the Ifthar parties.So enjoy the delicious kozhi Ada/Koyiada/savory pockets………………..
Kozhi Ada is another Malabar special crispy delight.This traditional Malabar Moplah snack is a savory crisp pockets filled with chicken/meat.this super crunchy folded pockets are similar to samosas,but the filling and shape is different.the traditional kozhiada's are really small. I made this kozi
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- 350 g beef boneless
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ghee table spoon
- 1 nos onion
- 4 nos green chili
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste /
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon curry leaves finely chopped
- In a bowl add all purpose flour,salt and ghee.combine well.add water little by little,knead well and make a smooth dough(do not make it too soft.)
- clean and cut beef in to medium size pieces.wash under running water,keep in a strainer.
- pressure cook beef with turmeric powder,coriander powder,pepper powder,salt and sufficient water(two or three whistles are enough,if you over cook beef you won't get the exact strands).Switch off the stove, let the pressure goes naturally,then open the lid ,cook until the water is completely absorbed.let it cool.
- clean and thinly slice onion.crush green chili
- heat 3 teaspoon oil in a pan,add thinly sliced onion and chopped curry leaves,saute well until it become soft,then add ginger garlic paste and crushed green chili.saute well in a medium flame.until onion become lightly brown.
- 6.mince/shred the cooked beef with your fingers in to strands.add minced/shredded beef in to it.
- add garam masala,cumin and fennel powder and salt( if required),Saute well in a low flame until the beef is completely dry(should be soft and chewy not too crispy). Switch off the stove and keep meat aside.
- take a small ball from the dough and roll it out thinly.cut out with a small round cutter or with a lid.
- place 2 teaspoon filling and fold like a pocket.(place the filling in one side then fold the other side over to form a semi circle)
- press the edges well and pinch the edges together in a pattern to make crescent shape.
- repeat this till all the filling is finished.
- heat oil and deep fry the Koyiadas/Kozhi Adas to a golden brown and remove
- serve with tea.
Jameela Nimmy says
Sujitha Nair says
Thank you dear jameela
Reemol Bony says
Sujitha Nair says