Today’s special is a simple and easy Kerala style chicken saute.Boiled and shredded chicken roasted in Kerala spices.really easy to prepare, need only few easily available ingredients,perfect as a starter or side dish.I like to have this with pathiri or tapioca.
Try this simple and spicy chicken saute.I used chicken breast but you can use chicken with bone or boneless.cook the chicken with spices and shred the meat.depends on the quantity of chicken adjust the spice’s.I used one medium size chicken breast and three kashmeeri chili.
here is the recipe ………………….
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 chicken breast medium size
- 1/2 - 3/4 chili powder red table spoon
- 3 pinchs turmeric powder
- 3 nos red chili chili or Kashmeeri
- 4 - 5 nos shallot
- 3 - 4 coconut grated table spoon
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger garlic crushed and each
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 - 3 coconut oil table spoon
- water .
- soak red chili in to hot water for 30 minutes or 1 hour
- clean ,wash and cut chicken breast in to medium pieces.
- add cleaned chicken breast in to a cooking vessel,then add chili powder, salt and turmeric powder in to it,add sufficient water and cook well,once done let it cool,drain excess water and shared the chicken.keep aside
- In a mixer add cleaned shallots,red chili and little water then grind it in to a smooth paste .thenadd grated coconut in to it,crush the coconut well.
- heat coconut oil in a pan add curry leaves ,saute well,then add crushed ginger and garlic.saute till raw smell goes.then add crushed coconut,saute in a medium flame till you get pleasant aroma of roasted chili(chutney or chammanthy like smell).add little salt..
- now add the cooked and shredded chicken into it mix well with masala.Check salt consistency.cover with a lid and cook one more minute.
- open the lid ,mix again,switch off the stove,serve hot as a starter or side dish
Priya s Mathew says
Sujitha Nair says
Thank you Priya
Vijeesh Panakkal says