(Kerala style spicy chicken saute)
hi friend hope you are all doing good,today I am posting another chicken recipe,a delicious and easy to prepare one and a favorite of mine.need less easily available ingredients,I am sure you will love it.
Kozhi ularthiyathu is a dry preparation of chicken with lots of masala and curry leaves.This goes well with chapathi or appam or steamed rice.This is our favorite side dish.Chicken marinated in roasted spicy masala then cooked with onion ,tomato,garlic and ginger.I used pure fresh coconut oil for making this,So please use coconut oil.
So here is the recipe of Kozhi Ularthiyathu,enjoy it…
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Passive Time||120 minutes|
- 600 g Chicken
- 3 nos onion
- 4 - 5 garlic
- 1 ginger small piece
- 2 nos green chili
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 nos cloves
- 1 cinnamon medium piece
- 1 nos tomato
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- clean and cut chicken in to small medium pieces.wash well and drain water completely
- dry roast chili powder,coriander powder and turmeric powder in a low flame until you get a pleasant aroma and color.don't let the powders burn.
- now marinate the cleaned chicken with this dry roasted powder and salt.cover with a lid and refrigerate for 2 hours
- clean wash and finely chop onion and slice tomato
- clean wash and crush green chili,ginger,garlic,and curry leaves(i used two small sprigs of curry leaves)
- heat oil in a pan add cloves and cinnamon saute for one minute , then add chopped onion, saute well until it become soft
- then add crushed garlic,ginger,curry leaves and green chili saute well untill it become brown.
- now add the sliced tomato sand saute well
- saute well till puree comes out and oil separates
- now add marinated chicken and toss well for 5-8 minutes
- then add 1/4 cup water(if required) and cook in a medium flame till done and the gravy become thick and perfectly coated on the chicken.
- switch of the stove,sprinkle few more curry leaves
- serve with rice or chapathi .
I love this dish, looks so delicious!
Sujitha Nair says
Thank you Indu
Livyat Nair says
Hi Sujitha-just a quick question. Do you roast the spice powders separately or together?
Sujitha Nair says
Dear Livyat Nair roat the powders together