|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups Biriyani rice (jeerakasala/basmathi)
- 2 king fish large piece
- 4 nos onion
- 1 or 2 tomato
- 2 nos chillie green
- ginger small piece
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons masala biriyani
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspon chillie powder
- 1/4 cup coriander mint leaves /
- handful / raisinscashew
- 2 nos cinnamon cardomom coves / / each
- 1 lemon juice lemon
- 3 teaspoons curd
- 1/4 cup ghee (rkg)
- 1/4 cup dalda
- salt as needed
- as required water
- oil as needed
- clean fish and marinate fish with salt,turmeric powder and chilly powder (take 1/4 of the powder).keep aside for 15 minutes
- heat oil in a pan fry fish pieces till golden brown.switch off the stove and keep fish pieces aside.
- clean rice and drain water completely.cut onion in to thin slices,crush garlic ginger and chillie.
- fry two hand full of thinly sliced onion till it becomes golden brown .in the same oil fry raisins and cashew nut ,keep it aside
- boil 2. 1/2 cup of water in a cooking vessel add cloves,cinnamon,cardamom and salt in to it .keep this aside .
- heat a deep bottom vessel then add 1/2 of dalda and ghee in to it add the cleaned and drained rice.fry for few minutes.then add boiled water stire well.add lemon juice and mix well. cover the vessel with a lid.once the rice cooked well.swich off the stove and keep it aside.
- heat another vessel add remaining dalda and ghee.add thinly sliced onion saute till the onion becomes translucent.then add crushed ginger ,garlic and green chillie,saute well till raw smell goes.
- add tomato in to it saute well then add biriyani masala ,chilly powder, pepper powder ,coriander powder, mint leaves and coriander leaves.saute well then add curd and lemon juice .stire well .cook for few minutes.
- you can add few small fish pieces or the fish fried oil to the masala for better taste
- then add fried fish pieces cover the piece with masala cook for few minutes,do not stire as it will break the fish.switch off the stove and do layering.
- mix fried onion, cashew nut, raisins and chopped coriander and mint leaves for garnishing
- in a thick bottom vessel spread some ghee then spread one layer of rice topped by masala and garnishing items.do layering till masala and rice finish.add left over ghee on top of the rice and sides of the vessel.cover with a tight lid
- place a non stick pan on the stove in a lower flame and place biriyani vessel on it.cook for few minutes.touch the lid if it is too hot you can switch off the stove, remove the biriyani vessel.keep aside for few minutes,
- serve hot
George Reji says
I love fish in any form and when im at kozhikode i prefer fish biriyaani and sharjah shake
Sujitha Nair says
Mr.George top form is best in town for fish biriyani and amma mess for fish fry,sharjah shake kalanthans SM street,
Sujitha Nair says