Mulaku vellam is our every day fish curry.a healthy and spicy fish curry.very thin gravy.goes well with rice.
- take a small lemon size tamarind and soak in to 1/2 cup of water.
- Clean macrel and cut each in to 4 pieces including head portion.wash well and keep aside
- clean and cut onion in to thin slices.cut tomato in to medium pieces.chop ginger and garlic.slice green chili length wise.
- take a mud vessel add the cleaned and chopped onion ,tomato,chili,garlic and ginger in to it.add chili powder,turmeric powder ,salt and curry leaves in to it.
- squeeze tamarind and extract the pulp .add this to the mud vessel along with 2 cup of water.mix well.cook for 15 minutes.let the gravy boil well.you will get a cooked smell of chili and turmeric, this time add fish pieces in to it.the pieces should be immersed in gravy .cook covered for 15 minutes in a medium flame.once fish cooked well check salt consistency.do not stir with spoon.just swirl the pot.switch of the stove.
- add a hand full of curry leaves and 2-4 teaspoon coconut oil.swirl the immediately cover with a lid.keep aside for 10 minutes.
- serve with rice.
you can use sardine also
Rahul Ravikumar says
Sujitha Nair says