hope you are all doing well.Today I am sharing the recipe of mushroom biriyani.
mushrooms are widely available here with a low price,and we all like mushrooms,so it’s a part of our every day meal.Mushrooms are highly nutritious and a rich source of minerals and vitamins,this is a simple and easy biriyani recipe,and not time consuming like other non veg biriyanis.
mushroom are good for immunity,but always select and use fresh mushrooms.I used button mushrooms for preparing this biriyani ,button mushrooms are very common and widely available.
Here I used jeerakasala rice for making biriyani but you can use basmathi rice instead of jeeraka sala rice.If you are using basmathi rice,soak rice in cold water for 30 minutes then cook.no need to fry.add 2 cup water for one cup rice or follow the cooking instruction written on rice packet.
Here is the recipe of mushroom biriyani enjoy it………….
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 400 g button mushroom
- 2 nos onion
- 1 nos tomato
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger crushed
- 5 nos green chili crushed
- 1 tablespoon pepper whole
- 5 teaspoons curd
- 3/4 cup coconut milk thick
- 1 teaspoon garam masala masala / biriyani
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 mace small
- 1 cinnamon medium stick
- 2 - 3 nos cloves
- pepper whole few
- 1 - 2 nos star anise
- 2 cups rice basmathi rice jerakasala /
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon small stick
- 2 cardamom
- 2 cloves
- to taste salt
- 3 - 3 1/2 cups water -
- handful cashew nut a
- handful raisins a
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves mint leaves chopped and
For mushroom masala:-
- preparing rice:-
- 1.clean rice,wash well and drain it in a colander.
- 2.boil 3 1/2 cup water.
- 3.heat 2 tablespoon ghee in thick bottom vessel.add washed and drained rice and fry for few minutes(3-4 minutes)
- 4.add boiling water(1 1/2 -1 3/4 cup water for one cup rice is normal ratio but depend on the quality of rice it may vary ,adjust the measurement as per that) to the roasted rice,add salt and lemon juice .mix well.
- 5.then add cinnamon,cloves and cardamom. stir well and cover with a lid.cook till the rice is soft and the water is absorbed.switch of the stove.and keep the cooked rice aside.
- Preparing mushroom masala:-
- clean and peel mushroom cut each in to four pieces.add this in to a bowl.add crushed pepper,turmeric ,salt and curd.marinate for 15 minutes.
- clean,wash and thinly slice onion,clean,wash and cut tomato in to small pieces.
- heat oil in a pan add cinnamon, cloves, mace and star anise.saute well till you get an aroma.Then add crushed ginger and garlic saute till raw smell goes.
- then add thinly sliced onion.saute until onion become transparent.Then add green chili ,saute until every thing become light brown.
- then add tomato ,saute till tomato become soft and tender.
- then add coriander powder,saute until oil cleared.
- then add marinated mushroom cook well .Then add thick coconut milk cook in a medium flame till the gravy become thick.stir in between.
- then add garam masala and mix well .add chopped coriander and mint leaves.check salt consistencyadd if required.cook for few more minutes.then switch off the stove.
- For layering:-
- heat ghee in a pan fry cashew and raisins ,keep it in a paper towel
- mix chopped coriander leaves with cashew and raisins,keep aside
- grease a thick bottom vessel with ghee.arrange prepared rice and masala in layers.sprinkle cashew ,raisin and chopped leaves on each layer.finally add remaining ghee on top layer.cover tightly with a lid.
- heat a iron dosa kallu or thawa, place the biriyani vessel on top of that cook in low flame about 10-15 minutes.
- once done switch off the stove.garnish with cashew and raisins.
- serve with raitha and chutney.
Priya s Mathew says
Sujitha Nair says
Vikram Induu says
hi suji, how to place the rice and gravy in layers? can you pls xplain. dis is d frst time Iam gonna make biriyani :@
Sujitha Nair says
Hi vikram sorry for the late reply.place a layer of rice in a thick bottom vessel then spread the masala on top of it .repeat this till you finish the rice and masala.the top layer should be rice.happy cooking