|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 kg Chicken
- 100 g shallots
- 1 ginger medium piece
- 1 pod garlic
- 3 chilly green
- 1 tomato
- 2 teaspoons chicken masala eastern
- 2 teaspoons chilly powder
- 1 1/2 corriander powder teeaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 pinchs garam masala
- 2 sprig curry leaves
- coconut oil
- clean and cut chicken in to medium pieces.
- thinly chop shallots.chop garlic and ginger(julienne).slice green chilies.cut tomatoes in to medium pieces.
- heat 2 teaspoon oil in a pan then add add all masalas except garam masala.
- roast the powders in a very law flame till powders are well roasted and raw smell goes..
- once the raw smell goes immediately transfer the masala to the cleaned chicken pieces .then add sufficient salt to the chicken pieces and mix well.keep aside for 15-30 minutes.
- heat oil in another pan add curry leaves saute for few minutes then add green chilly,ginger and garlic.saute well till ginger garlic turns brown
- then add finely chopped shallots .once shallots become translucent add tomato stire well till tomatoes become soft.
- then add marinated chicken pieces .stire well in a high flame for few minutes (so that the masala covers chicken properly)then lower the flame and add sufficient water.
- cover with a lid cook well. minimum 15 minutes required.
- stire occasionally,adjust salt and cook until the gravy turns dark in color and the gravy thickens.
- heat coconut oil in a small skillet ,add 1 teaspoon chopped shallot and plenty of curry leaves.then fry it well. once shallots fried well add 3 pich of coriander powder and garam masala in to it ,switch off the stove and add this to the chicken curry.immediately cover with a lid.let it stand for few minutes.then open the lid,stire well
- serve hot with kappa or Kerala paratha
I think i shld visit Dubai soon….looks so yummy suji
Sujitha Nair says
thanks lachu.you are always welcome .
Sujitha Nair says