dish prepared by my friend Megha Arun
recipe adapted from Megha Arun
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 2 nos bitter gourd
- 1/2 cup coconut grated
- 1 teaspoon coconut grated
- 3 pinch turmeric
- 3/4 cup curd
- 3 nos green chili
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 nos red chili whole
- coconut oil
- clean, and cut bitter guard in to thin round pieces.
- marinate with turmeric powder and salt for 15 minutes.
- mean time grind coconut ,green chili and1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds.add 1 or 2 teaspoon curd while grinding coconut.keep it aside.
- heat oil in a pan and fry bitter gourd until it become golden brown.make sure that it doesn't get burned.
- then slightly mash the fried bitter guard with your hands.then add this to the curd.if curd is too thick add 1/4 cup water and make it loose.
- then add grounded coconut paste and salt in to it mix well
- heat coconut oil in a pan splutter mustard seeds,then add curry leaves and chili pieces,saute well then add grated coconut.fry until coconut become golden color,then add this to the pachadi and mix well.
- serve as a side dish of Kerala sadya.
Leave a Reply