hi lets say hi to this delicious Pumpkin Soup.A warm and comforting soup made with pumpkin,celery,garlic and cream.
Pumpkin contains a lot of antioxidants and vitamins.Pumpkin is a good source of carotenoids too.Carotenoids are very good for health and known for keeping the immune system of an individual strong.So i made this soup last week and it is absolutely delicious,warm,comforting,rich and creamy.I am not a big fan of soups but Ratheesh loves soups,especially when he is down with cold and flu.
Diced pumpkin roasted in butter and cooked in stock,then blend along with celery.That made this pumpkin soup really flavorful and fresh.The lite cream made this really rich and creamy.The crunchiness of roasted pumpkin seeds and bread bites made this soup absolutely delicious.This is a perfect soup for the season.So try and enjoy this creamy and warm soup.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin (skin removed,deseeded and diced)
- 1 celery table spoon chopped
- 1 onion small size roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlc roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1 nos green chili (deseeded and sliced)
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt pepper and for seasoning
- pumpkin seeds roasted
- bread bites
- heat butter in a large sauce pan on medium heat.Add chopped onion,ginger and garlic.saute for few minutes until soft.Add diced pumpkin and roast until it starts to turn golden.
- Then add chopped celery and green chili,saute for few minutes.then add stock and bring to boil.then reduce the flame and cook covered until pumpkin become soft and tender.then switch off the stove and let it cool.transfer to a blender and blend until smooth
- then transfer to the sauce pan and cook until warm.Then add fresh cream and combine well.season with salt and pepper.serve topped with roasted pumpkin seeds and bread bites along with bread or Naan.
Sundari Giri says
Sujitha lovely pictures, loved the color of soup
Sujitha Nair says
thank you dear Sundari
Sujata Shukla says
Looks so delicious! Lovely photography Sujitha!
Sujitha Nair says
thank you dear Sujatha