Sauteed Chickpea and Spinach,an easy to make Indian chickpea and spinach curry.Delicious.Mild spicy and healthy.Perfectly goes with rice or Nan.This vegetarian curry is packed with flavors and perfect for lunch.
Sauteed Chickpea and Spinach is my favorite side dish.I like to have this simple,healthy and mild spicy delicacy with white rice. it goes well with roti,chapati or Nan. Here boiled chick pea is mixed with spinach and other spices.This is a very healthy dish because we are using spinach and chickpea ,both are very nutritious.
Sauteed chickpea (kabuli channa/garbanzo bean) and spinach is a famous North Indian delicacy.but this recipe is not the authentic North Indian chick pea and spinach ,this is my version of chick pea and spinach with a south Indian touch.
I used regular spinach and chickpea for preparing this dish.but it is purely optional you can use baby spinach and canned chickpea instead of regular spinach and chickpea.
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 1/4 cups chickpea Soaked overnight in cold water
- 1 bunch spinach cleaned washed and finely chopped
- 1 nos onion chopped
- 1 nos tomato sliced in to small pieces
- 4 nos green chili sliced
- 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder1 /
- 2 pinchs garam masala
- Wash chickpea and drain well.Add the soaked chick pea in to a pressure cooker,add sufficient amount of water and salt.Cook well(approximately 3-4 whistle) then switch off the stove. let the pressure goes naturally.open the pressure cooker separate stock and cooked chickpea and keep aside.
- heat oil in a Large pan over medium heat.Once oil become hot Splutter mustard seeds.Then add cumin seeds ,saute until you get a nice aroma then add chopped onion saute until onion become translucent.Add sliced tomatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes then add turmeric powder and chili powder.saute in a low flame until oil separates.
- Now add cooked chick pea.mix well,check salt consistency,add 1/4 cup stock and cook covered for few minutes in a medium flame till sauce become thick.then remove the lid stir well .
- add chopped spinach mix well with chick pea cook till spinach become wilted.do not over cook spinach it will spoil the taste.sprinkle 2 pinch of garam masala mix well.Switch of the stove.
- serve hot with Rice,Roti or Nan.
Leave a Reply