Thari Pola is another Malabar special snack prepared with semolina and eggs.
- heat a nonstick pan and dry roast semolina for 3-4 minutes in a low flame.transfer to another bowl immediately and keep aside.
- add egg in to a bowl beat well.add sugar and cardamom powder in to it.beat until sugar dissolves completely and the batter become fluffy.
- then slowly add roasted semolina in to the egg mixture.combine well.
- heat a pressure cooker/nonstick sauce pan and add ghee in to it .then rotate the pan so that you can grease all the sides.
- then pour semolina and egg mixture in to it and close with a lid.cook in a very low flame.(for pressure cooking put the lid with out weight).
- after few minutes open the lid and spread cashew and raisins on top of the mixture.again cover with the lid.
- prick the middle with a fork to check whether it is cooked or not.
- serve with tea.
Ponnu's Kitchen says
Looks yummy… Does it taste similar to kesari?
Sujitha Nair says
Thanks Ponnu. No dear it has a different taste
Hi.. My thari pola came out very firm and dry. Where did I go wrong?