hi friends,hope you are all doing good,today’s post is a quick and easy Vegetable and Egg Fried Rice from Left over Rice.This is a quick and comforting meal for all rice lovers.
Fried rice is an easy to make and delicious rice based dish.Its a quick stir fry of vegetable or meat or egg with cooked rice.Making restaurant style fried rice at home is so easy.You can make this fried rice with in minutes.
you can use basmathi rice or any kind of long grain rice for making fried rice.Cook your rice, let it become cool then keep it in the refrigerator over night, then use it for making fried rice, its always good using leftover rice for making fried rice especially a day old rice.this will help you to get a perfect restaurant style fried rice.
you can use freshly cooked rice but usually freshly cooked rice is so moist so that you will end up with a soggy fried rice.so chill your rice before making fried rice.
you can use any of your favorite frozen or fresh vegetables like peas,cabbage ,corn or mushroom.here I used carrot, beans and spring onion only.
For a perfect fried rice the wok,the speed and high flame matters.If possible use a perfect wok and make sure all the ingredients are ready before cooking.Cook all the veggies and rice in a high flame.So here is the recipe of my vegetable and egg fried rice from left over rice.Try it and let me know how it turns out for you..enjoy…………
Click here for the vedio recipe:-Fried rice
Looking for more rice recipes check this
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 2 3/4 cup leftover rice chilled,preferably basmati or any long grain rice
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ginger one small piece finely chopped
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1 small carrot finely chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup beans finely chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp celery finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 egg
- pepper powder as needed(optional)
- Add three eggs in a bowl,add little salt and beat well, then keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok,once the oil become hot add finely chopped garlic in to it,fry for few seconds over high flame.then add finely chopped ginger and green chili saute well
- Then add chopped carrot in to it, saute well for few seconds. Then add finely chopped beans in to it,add little salt and fry over high flame for few more seconds.
- Once the vegetables almost cooked add finely chopped spring onion and celery in to the wok,saute over high flame for few more seconds.Make sure the vegetables are just cooked,over cooked vegetables will not taste good.
- Then move the vegetables in to one side of the wok,and add the beaten egg,scramble it
- Then mix the scrambled egg with vegetables. Then add cooled/chilled left over boiled rice in to it.Then with the back of a large spoon or ladle break up any lumps to separate grains.
- Toss well with vegetables over high flame.Then add soy sauce,mix and fry the rice well.Then add little white or black pepper powder and toss again.
- Switch off the stove,Remove and Serve hot with any of your favorite side dish
Leave a Reply